With RW Alves and Laura Humpf
Do you want to increase your toolbox in supporting people living with trauma?
Do you want to learn how to work with the nervous system to support resiliency?
Are you interested in how trauma and resiliency relate to systems of unearned power and oppression?
Every being has experienced trauma in their life, and every being has inherent resiliency. Trauma can happen in a variety of ways and affects each person uniquely. Come learn tools to honor the inherent wisdom of trauma responses as well as support people anchor and find flexibility and adaptability.
In this 12- hour training you will:
- Learn what trauma is and some of the different ways it can manifest
- Learn what resilience is and what it is not
- Practice and learn resilience and trauma-informed tools
- Learn how systems of unearned power and oppression relate to trauma and resilience
- Learn the importance of consent and boundaries when working with trauma
- Work with movement, breath and meditation to release trauma symptoms and cultivate resilience
- Practice and learn tools to soothe the nervous system
- Learn how to be with the yoga therapist’s trauma history when activated in session
- Learn signs and symptoms of dissociation and how to work with them
- Learn how to uniquely tailor tools to individual clients
- Have opportunities to share case studies
This course is for yoga therapists and mental health therapists interested in learning more about how to holistically approach trauma and resilience.
April 13 and 14
10-5:30 both days
Early-bird: $$445 paid by March 30
$495 after March 30
12 CEUs available for Yoga Therapists, LMHC, LICSW, LMFT, Naturopaths and PTs
Refunds of 75% up to seven days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time, but you can transfer your ticket.