Intro to Yoga Therapy
Are you interested in bring a body-based approach that is rooted in anti-oppression into your mental health practice?
Are you a yoga teacher looking to dive deeper with your students and need more tools?
Do you want to feel more effective with the clients you work with?
Come take an exploratory weekend into the world of yoga therapy!
In this training you will:
- Learn what Yoga Therapy is.
- Learn practical tools you can use right away with clients and/or students.
- Study yoga philosophy to understand some of the depth of the Yoga tradition.
- Learn from an anti-oppression lens and discover the overlapping liberating philosophies of Yoga and social justice movements.
- Practice Yoga each day to integrate and embody what you are learning
- Meditate each day to learn and experience some of the mental benefits of Yoga.
- Watch a yoga therapist “in action
- Learn from case studies how Yoga Therapy can look with people dealing with a variety of challenges.After this training you will be able to:
- Articulate what Yoga Therapy is.
- Apply tools that work with the physical body, breath, mind and spirit right away.
- Understand the connection between Yoga and social justice.
- Understand the basics of Yoga philosophy.
Who is this training for?
- Mental Health Therapists
- Yoga Teachers
- Personal Trainers
- Physical Therapists
- Anyone curious about using yoga as a healing modality!Tuition:
- Early-bird registration: $297 (paid 3 weeks in advance)
- Regular registration: $347
Reduced cost registration, as needed, is available to folks not widely represented in the mainstream Seattle Yoga Therapy community (People of Color and Trans and gender-non conforming folks especially encouraged to apply). Please contact email@example.com to apply.
Dates for 2018:
Registration coming soon!